Pages

January 7, 2011

Snowy Nativity

(Hannah took this photo of her sister, during church)

So, we are celebrating the Nativity of Christ today. During church this morning, we listened to my father read from the Bible, of Joseph and Mary, and the birth of Jesus in a humble cave...and of Herod and his horrible intentions. Herod ordered the execution of all young male children in the village of Bethlehem, so as to avoid the loss of his throne to a newborn King of the Jews whose birth had been announced to him by the Magi. I'm thankful for all that Jesus was able to teach us...two thousand years later, even, I'm not perfect, but He showed us what to strive for...to live with Him for eternity.

When we left church, lovely big snowflakes were gently falling!

(I took this photo with Hannah's little pink Sanyo)

We recently read about Wilson Bentley, who was born in 1865 in Vermont and captured these beautiful photos of snowflakes, that were made into stamps in 2006. We have a library across the street and go quite often. I was thrilled to find a book with CD, Snowflake Bentley...and Hannah and Olivia enjoyed listening to it.

3 comments:

WendyLady@GoodBooks said...

Love all the snowflake stamps - yay for Wilson Bentley!

Michelle M. said...

Christ is Born!

I hope you are having a wonderful, joyous weekend!

stacey said...

Very cute pictures of your lil' ladies!!! I really like how you wrote, . . ."I'm not perfect, but He showed us what to strive for" . . . well said!!!