Pages

February 9, 2011

Birthday sweets

Hannah made a lemon cake with lemon curd for my mom's birthday, which was Sunday. My sister made homemade raspberry ice cream!
Monday was my brother-in-law's birthday...we'll see them the end of next week. They're coming down from Ottawa, Canada for our church fundraiser, Russian Winter's Night.

And today is my sister, Susanna's 30th birthday! We bought some cookie cutters yesterday. The No. 8 works well for a matroshka...and I bought a simple 4.5" circle for just $1.49 and bent it to make a big matroshka...like how they turned out?

8 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Good job, Hannah! Those cookies are adorable, too.

Sarah said...

Those treats sound delicious! And those matroshka cookies are so cute-- very clever.

matushka Barbara said...

Oh, such sweet matroshkas! Good job girls!

Wendy said...

Cute cookies! VERY creative! (And I love the aprons, too.)
:)

elizabeth said...

very nice!!! many years to all with the birthdays! i hope the church fundraiser goes well!! :)

heather west said...

Ummm. Yumm. . .That cake/ice cream combo sounds fabulous!

Unknown said...

I covet your Pyrex bowls!! hee hee. YUM, lemon cake! My kids love the lemon poppy seed snack cake that I make. Oh, here's why I didn't go to CHA. I was going to go with Creative Charms, but one of the girls that was going had to have surgery so the trip was canceled. Maybe I can go next time. Have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family.

Emily said...

I saw some Matroska measuring cups at a store in PA and I thought of you!