Rob and my dad coming down the stairs...
Rob and I at the Peterloon Estate in Indian Hill for A Russian Winter's Night which was catered by the White House Inn:
- Appetizers - Beef pierogies stuffed with ground beef, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and spinach & crab cakes with a chipotle pepper aioli, micro greens...I had a cranberry and vodka to start.
- Shredded beet soup or house salad with cranberries, dried apricots, fresh strawberries, pine nuts tossed with raspberry vinaigrette...
- Rob had the slow roasted prime rib with garlic and herbs cooked medium and served with pickled red cabbage and roasted new potatoes. Served with horseradish cream sauce.
- I had the grilled 8oz salmon, served with pickled red cabbage and roasted new potatoes topped with a mushroom cream sauce...absolutely divine! I had a red wine with dinner.
- My parents ate fresh vegetables sautéed with garlic and white wine tossed with linguine then finished with sundried tomato pesto butter.
- Maple and espresso tort topped with white chocolate mousse and candied walnuts, fresh berries...
- Chocolates made by the White House Inn.
Last night, we had 16 people in our house for dinner...Rob and Andrey making homemade dough for pizza crust...my parents brought a salad of baby greens and we put sunflower seeds and feta cheese atop.