Pages

November 9, 2011

Yesterday

I want to live a simple life:
  • The 2 chickens are doing well...they love foraging around our compost and what's left in the garden (not much). Not laying eggs, yet, we're thinking they probably won't lay until spring.
  • At 8 o'clock yesterday morning I walked down the street with Olivia to vote. I tried to explain the issues that I was voting for and why they are important. My sister, Susanna, wrote on her blog about politics, too. We're both health-conscious, true conservatives who want freedom!
  • Our girls can take their homeschooling lesson outside...yesterday was a sunny and warm day...we were barefoot almost all day.
  • I worked outside on my papier mache birds, a warm breeze blowing my bits of newspaper all over the deck...
  • Lusy (our dog) and Velvet (our kitten...we got from an Amish family) are making friends. No fights, but Velvet hissed at Lusy quite a bit at first...they seem to keep out of each others way...yesterday they sniffed each other nose to nose a few times!
  • I watched a squirrel perched atop our fence, debating whether or not he wanted to come in our yard...lots of sparrows.
  • The leaves on our red oak seedlings that we got at the library a few years ago have turned a beautiful deep red.
  • I thought of my friend Charlotte and baked a loaf of bread with rosemary that I picked from our backyard.
  • I hung out clothes out on the line to dry...and I took some black and white pictures. Nostalgia.
  • Hannah had piano lessons and I helped Olivia do flips off the swing. Then both the girls had Irish dance class in the evening...

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Yesterday, today and tomorrow....
all these days in His unending day...

DebD said...

I loved this entry. Such simple beauty. One thing I wanted to do again was have chickens. Sadly, our new neighborhood won't allow them. Two little chickens sounds just about right to me.