Pages

May 14, 2012

Piper sandals (made in the USA)

For Mother's Day ♥ I got a pair of Piper sandals...they are made in the USA.  San Antonio, Texas, to be exact, by Dave Piper and his son, a small family business.  They are $119/pair.  On the home page, it says they've made 48,000 pairs since 1971.  Each sandal is marked and mine is the 52,830th pair they've made!  We are considering getting Hannah and Olivia a pair, as they are $49/pair for children!
I refused to by "made in China" only to have them last a year.  The last pair that I had that were decent were made in France.  I still wore them, although the cork sole is cracked and the leather strap between one toe is disattached from the sole.  They were a gift on Mother's day about 3 years ago.  I thought they should've held up for longer.

So, if you're looking for a leather, quality, made in the USA, supportive sandal...look no further!

2 comments:

Mama Shara said...

I saw piper sandals somewhere else this week and wondered about them. I also see the value in buying good quality shoes as I very rarely like to buy them!! I was looking at Aurora shoes made in NY. I will scout around, I think, and see if I can find something similar in Australia, But I do like going by recommendations too :)

Allison said...

Those are some beautiful shoes, and the look like they'll last a long time. Thanks for sharing about them. I'm always looking to buy quality items even if it means initially paying more. It saves money in the long run.