Pages

September 19, 2012

Yarn along & seeing the Nina and Pinta

I finished the wool peach shawl (Olivia is wearing it, but it is for my niece, who is younger)...next up more little lanterns made by crocheting the outside of glass jars!  Tomorrow is a friend's birthday and I'm looking for just the right recipe...needs to be something gluten-free! 
Over the weekend, we went to see the replicas of the Nina and Pinta that sailed up the Ohio River, from Louisville, KY.  Next stop is Pittsburgh, PA...
They were looking for more volunteers to travel with them, I would do it if it weren't for my family.  What an adventure!
We played "Go Fish" in the backyard yesterday, nice cooler weather...the chickens were very interested in what we were doing!

6 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Your beautiful girls are looking so mature! Beautiful job on the shawl

momto5 said...

love that last picture. chickens. :)
the shawl turned out great. and i really like those lanterns, what a great idea. :)

Leslie said...

Wonderful projects! I love the jar cozy.

Anonymous said...

How cool!!!

Mistea said...

Perfect shawl to keep a little person warm.

Nice chickens.

Mama Shara said...

I love the colour yarn you're using for the jar jacket!!