Pages

October 29, 2012

Alice (in wonderland)

Before my sister moved with her husband and boys to Portland, she won 2 tickets to Alice, the ballet.  Olivia and I went Saturday to the 2pm performance.  Below, you can see her looking over the balcony on the far left had side while I sit in our seats.  The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is down there right in front of the stage...one of my favorite parts was when the 55 musicians snapped their fingers together during the flamingo dance. 
Olivia and her friend during intermission.  I got Olivia a "Shirley Temple" to drink...just $2.
Music Hall is beautiful building, look at the ceiling...this place was completed in 1878. 
  • I graduated from Sycamore High School in 1996 and at that time the graduation ceremony was done here...so glad to be surrounded by my family and friends in such a place.  
  • My parents gave us tickets to see the ballet The Nutcracker, when the girls were 3 and 5 for a Christmas gift.
  • We were there again this past February, but not in the main space, with McGing Irish dancers for their yearly, ceili...a dance, which the our girls danced "The Walls of Limerick" in...it's a bit like square dancing!
I hope you enjoyed sharing a bit of history with me...

4 comments:

Jim said...

looks like you all had a grand time!

elizabeth said...

nice! very beautiful! you must miss your sister who moved! I still miss my sister, even though I moved before she did! In Vancouver, where I lived for most of my undergrad, we would go in to the city (I lived outside of Vancouver proper) to the Orpheum and it was beautiful, with great red curtains...

Leslie said...

Wow, that is a fabulous old building. It's beautiful. Sounds like a fun time. :)

Mimi said...

So beautiful indeed!