Pages

September 6, 2018

Back to the books...

While our girls headed back to school this past Tuesday, I have been back to the books, too. The Good Pilot Peter Woodhouse by Alexander McCall Smith, Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith (because I enjoyed her book A Tree Grows in Brooklyn so much),and Educated by Tara Westover.  I recommend all of them!
My newest niece, Angelica, is now a month old.  Her big sister, Juliana, is holding her, she can now change earrings, after getting them pierced last month.
I found a Monarch caterpillar in our yard it has been there for 2 days and I'm hoping to see it grow and develop into a butterfly!
What books do you recommend?

5 comments:

Becki said...

You have a lovely blog, Martha. And a beautiful family. I enjoyed seeing what you're reading. I'm currently reading The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. It's a mesmerizing read, though at the moment it's slowed down (right about half way through). I must finish it, though, because I feel I need to know the end. Just as I'm beginning to think I've figured out how the story might end, the next chapter makes me question what I should expect. I love a book like that.

Rosemary said...

Hi Martha! Your children are growing so quickly. The summer went by so quickly. I'm reading the Poldark series by Winston Grahame, I'm on book 7 of 12 and I like them. Historical fiction, if you are into that.

elizabeth said...

memory eternal to you beloved father! much love to you!

Martha said...

I do like historical fiction and will look it up! Thanks, Rosemary! I know it was a tv series on PBS...have you seen it?

Martha said...

I put a "hold" on it at our library. I just saw her other book featured To the Bright Edge of the World which also sounds good!