Pages

March 26, 2024

Sprouts

I planted calendula seeds 2 weeks ago indoors and they sprouted quickly!  We still have a lot of snow on the ground.  I did see flowers at church (purple and yellow crocuses blooming) + at a friend's house (white snowdrops) last week!  Saturday, we got a big snowfall, probably the most we've gotten yet in 2024, although it's spring + no longer winter.  Ha!  The sun has been shining brilliantly Sunday, Monday and so far this Tuesday morning.  It looks extra bright because the sun reflects off the white snow!
We got this mini waffle maker at Aldi yesterday for $7.99 and although it's adorable, already I wish we had a bigger one.  About 10 years ago, we bought a Calphalon one, which broke at the hinge last year (we were able to still use it, until there was so electrical breakage a few months ago).  I've seen some cast iron waffle makers, and would like to get one!  They're expensive though.
I don't think I shared the crocheted cactus 🌵I made.  I stuffed it with baby clothes are were stained.  I also just finished a pair of wool slippers using the same dark green yarn.
All 4 of these guys working on the floor by the official (but less used) front door (to the left)!  We will put slate down next.

2 comments:

karen said...

I inherited my mom's waffle iron and it still works! (safely too I might add, lol). Oh the baby is growing and so sweet! So nice to see your children in the photos.

Becki said...

All the helpers look like they're having fun! :)