Pages

January 1, 2008

E-85

That's our Jeep covered in a blanket of snow. We just got back from Queen City, Missouri, where our friends live. They were our neighbors in Georgia, while we were in the Army. This past year, they bought a house on 75 acres...and it's just beautiful, isn't that crooked tree something? There is a small barn and they recently got 2 goats and plan on getting more.
Hannah lost another tooth yesterday (seventh)! Olivia was especially affectionate with Crystal and I think it's because she is like my mom in many ways, motherly and loving, but funny and goofy, too!When we weren't outside sledding or checking out the nearby cows or horses, we kept warm inside and read books together, as well as, cooked, drew, colored, scrapbooked, chatted and crocheted (I made them a hot pad, Crystal made me a scarf).
There, almost every gas station has the E-85 (ethanol gas) and for 2.23/gallon! A good price here for 87 unleaded gasoline is 2.99/gallon. Wouldn't it be nice to save some money? The flex fuel vehicles are so NEW and a little more than we can fit into our budget, right now.

11 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

sounds cozy! Happy New Year!

Julie, aka Scrapperdays said...

I'm sorry, but I can't visit your blog anymore. Everytime I see you banner, I get hungry! LOL. Seriously, that's a great shot of the tree. You need to scrap it, you know.

Samantha said...

Wow - 75 acres?? I would LOVE and LOVE some more if I had space that big. I'm the kind of gal that really needs her space, and the half acre we're on is not cutting it.

I hope you had a happy new year!! May it be a blessed one :)

Kim Watson said...

Great photograph! I really loved the snow in Canada too!

Sounds like you guys had some good RnR & even better when your away time, is as relaxed as being home.
x

Brigitte said...

Hi! I just looked at the "Women with Icons" slide show from you 'icon' link. I love it! One of the walls looks like where our icon 'corner' is headed. In a Russian film we saw a cozy old wood paneled wall covered top to bottom with icons, and we knew immediately that that's what we wanted in our home :)

Trying to patiently await Christ's Nativity...

Happy civil new year!

Brigitte said...

Oh, it didn't link directly to the picture. Oh well, it's the one with two ladies and a little girl between them.

Martha said...

Petra, I went to a friend's house last week (they're from Georgia, the country) and they have a wall like that, too, it's beautiful...and I've been nervous about making so many holes in the wall, but it can be patched up if we move, right? For the glory of God and those in his kingdom, it's worth it!

joscelyne cutchens said...

i love all that snow!

JO said...

NICE photograph of the snow/sunset ! good job !

Kate O'Brien said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Great way to start out the new year.

Unknown said...

What a fun trip!

We are selling our '97 Taurus--it's a flex fuel vehicle. We love it even though the stations aren't too convenient in Iowa. But we had to upgrade to a minivan. I mention it because while the older flex fuel vehicles are much harder to find, they are out there.

Perhaps you could buy it;-)