Pages

November 2, 2009

Unanswered prayers

There's a country song that goes "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers..."by Garth Brooks. Yeah, there are times I've asked God for something and not understood why He wouldn't help me, but He knows why...we have to trust in God.
Licking the beaters...I made whipped cream (got thick cream from local Snowville Creamery) to go on our pumpkin pie. Absolutely scrumptious!We have been studying Egypt this past week. Above, you'll see Olivia's relief carving...like the relief carvings you'll see inside many of the pyramids. She decided to make a lion head on a horse body with wings!
Rob is reading Tut's Mummy to Olivia. It's a great book, pretty simple, but goes into some detail, with photos and drawings showing how the excavated the tombs. Lots of great questions have spurred since, and we discussed that Jesus Christ came later and taught the people about what will really happen in their afterlife!

4 comments:

DebD said...

oh I wish you lived closer. We're studying ancients and want to take my youngest down to the Smithsonian to visit to Egyptian stuff.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful homeschooling mama (and dad) you and your husband are!! Seriously, Martha, I admire so much your creativity and dedication. Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

Michelle M. said...

It looks like the girls are loving the unit that you are teaching them. I don't know how you homeschooling mamas do it!

Julie said...

Aw, I love the relief! What a fun idea. :)