Pages

November 30, 2009

{good times}

I hope ya'll had a nice Thanksgiving. We went to my in-laws in the afternoon. I brought pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling & Rob made sweet potatoes (from our garden). It was great to spend time with family. Rob's grandma is 99 years old. Her photo and more on my Flickr photostream.
My sister, Mary, and her husband came down from Canada. We read a lot together, played apples-to-apples, chess, yahtzee, crazy 8s, etc.
It was really nice to have some time "off"...I had 5 days off and Rob had a 4 day weekend!
We found a shop in Metamora, IN, that was full of neat old stuff (or junk). I wish I'd bought some knitting needles (just $1.00 a pair), but I'm really much better with a crochet hook. Downtown Cincinnati was a lot of fun...we went on a horse drawn carriage ride (all the fun FREE stuff to do: http://www.downtowncincinnati.com/holidays.html), ate lunch at Chipotle, rode the "trolley" to Duke Energy's train display, then went ice skating. $2.50 for rentals plus $2.50 to skate/person. Hannah was clobbered by a grown man...but she survived. Olivia fell pretty hard on her backside (just before Uncle Andrey took this photo) and cried, then wanted to skate more!
Isn't this an awesome calendar? So cute! Download yours here.

6 comments:

Michelle M. said...

That looks and sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Thanksgiving blessings to your family from ours!

Pres. Kathy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

wow, i cant beleive how grown up corina has gotten!! wonder if she remembers me? i remembered her as soon as i saw this picture! we had an awesome time with carlo's brother, sister, and her boyfriend! always laugh so much when we all get together!! i want to go to cinn. now, im going mapquest it and see how far a drive it is from here. i really need to check into things to do in st. louis since its only maybe 2hrs away, im sure it has some cool things too. have a nice week martha!!!
Lori DeSantis

J.H said...

look like you having a lot of fun :-)
Too bad, there is no thanksgiving in UK, I bet that's why Brits are generally grumpy, they hardly give thanks and count their blessing :-)

Meadowlark Days said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did as well.

To answer your question, yes, I've been to Yellowstone a few times, but not for several years. It's amazing! I'm glad you could see it.

Kim Watson said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you! I am so glad you had such a super time. Nothing compares to time with family does it?
I think of you often!
Hugs
Kim
XXX