Pages

September 4, 2013

Yarn along: primary colours

I just finished Chapter 2 (and I ♥ it already) of We The Living by Ayn Rand.  So far, Kira and her parents and sister have returned to Russia, after being away for 5 years.  Her father's textile factory was "nationalized."  I see bits and pieces of Orthodoxy, Kira's sister Lydia wants to go to church and she and her mother cross themselves.  This is the first novel she had published (1936).  I've read several of her other books (Anthem, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged), which were published later.
I'm trying to use up the yarn I have by crocheting little critters.  To see more of what people are doing with their yarn, check out this week's "Yarn along."
We're still getting tomatoes from the backyard.  Beets and carrots, too, but as you can see, the chickens like to eat the greens!
Hannah and Olivia are wearing the aprons my parents got for them while in the Ukraine 7 years ago.  I'm so glad they go to go there and also to Russia, before my Dad's Parkinson's disease got worse!  And on Monday, Labor Day, we had a cookout...Aaron, the girl's cousin really liked the mini-vanilla cones from Trader Joe's. 

3 comments:

WendyLady@GoodBooks said...

My husband really likes Ayn Rand - I'll have to get him that book!

I want to get chickens - we had some when I was young. I remember chasing them around and trying to round them up when they got out of their pen. :)

I LOVE your girls' aprons! And I haven't seen the mini cones at our TJ's - I'm going to have to go today and see if ours has them - so hot here!

Jenny said...

I LOVE the girls aprons! Absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

My dad's birthday is one day before your dad's!