Pages

February 25, 2008

All the Bassett girls are taken....

Andrey proposed to my sister, Mary, this weekend and she said "yes!" We are all so happy!!! Andrea is engaged to Wally. Susanna and I are married. So, all those poor fellows who want to know, there are no more available Bassett girls! He he he. God grant us all many wonderful years together with our husbands and fiances!

The Russian Winter's Night was a real wintry day, very cold, but thankfully the roads were clear! I won this awesome hat box filled with all sorts of chocolate goodies. We have actually finished off one of those boxes of chocolates!!! Our church raised almost $20,000!

Recently, we read a book called The Paper Bag Princess and so decided that we'd do the same. (Olivia's been exceptional affectionate lately, notice the lips) We can doodle on this and glue stuff to it....
I've been making a lot of ATCs lately. They are a mini scrapbook for me. So quick and fun!!! Bright colours. I really wanted the 7 gypsie's ATC holder, but it's about $30, so instead I used an x-acto knife and my sewing machine to make this:

(I could've gone to the store to look for a baseball card holder, eh?)

15 comments:

JO said...

You look LOVELY on that picture, all glammed up! MAMA MIA. wow-HAT BOX! Congrats & wow $20,000! Congrats on your sister !

JO said...

Did you get a haircut in a salon ? your hair looks shorter & I read your scrappage. I love the new header. How do you do that header? I need to learn how, share the secrets ?.

Harley Dee said...

Are all of those ATCs your creation? They are so pretty :) We should swap some sometime :)

And woo hoo for Mary! Congrats to her :)

Mimi said...

Congratulations to your sister! And, whohoooo on your winning! Great job!

And, lovely ATC thing! I also want a 7 Gypsies one, but will probably pass.

Nicole P said...

Martha
You look so pretty in that photo!
Where are you getting those teeny tiny prints from for the ATCs?

Christina Carnoy said...

love the atc's!!!

Kim Watson said...

Congrats to your sister & Wally..I hope they are very happy together. Being married is SO much fun!

Wow you do look pretty! Have you trimmed your hair? It looks shorter?

Goodness what a delish prize!

I love your project...it looks cute & colourful...full of interesting bits..great job!
Hugs to you all.
XXXX

Martha said...

Yes, I got my hair cut SHORT and nails done before the Russian Winter's Night...in the salon (a first for me, believe it or not) and it was fun being spoiled!

The tiny prints are off my HP printer...the thumbnails (so they're bigger than the ones you'd get when you get your photos processed regularly).

Brigitte said...

Can you pleeeaaase email me about your Russian Winter's Night? What exactly is it? We really need some fund-raising ideas for our church.

Rachel said...

Great picture of you!! Congrats to your sister. Love your work! Great idea for the ATC holder.

joscelyne cutchens said...

you look pretty! congrats to your sister... and I am loving those atcs... great job on the holders... :)

scrappyhappy08 said...

Congrats to your sister!! Love the little cards..so Cute!!!

Samantha said...

Hey, Martha!! I'm playing catch-up on my blogging ;) Your ATCs are all so awesome! I love the holder you made for them. Congrats on winning the hat full of goodies!! You look so cute in that picture. That box of chocolates sure does sound good right about now. And another congrats to your sister and future BIL!! How exciting for them.

To answer your question from my blog, I have never even heard of Rio Grande beads. I headed over to their website and they are a members only website so I didn't get to see their catalog. I mostly shop at Fire Mountain Gems. Next week, however, my girlfriends and I are headed down to the country's largest bead store - Shipwreak Beads. I've been there once before, and I'm really excited to go again!!

Dettao said...

I agree with all of the other ladies. YOu look lovely in that picture. Love your idea for the ATGs. Congrats to your sister on her engagement.

::Sylvia:: said...

This post is a little late but I just noticed you guys talking about Rio Grande beads, if you ever need to order any and aren't a member, I order with the monastery a couple times a year for beads for the prayer ropes we make. If you want anything I can always add it to our order! I'm a geek I know, but I have to ask what does ATC stand for? :) I love them by the way! Congrats on your sis!