Pages

February 20, 2008

All things bright & beautiful




When I was a little girl, one of my favorite stories was from the Sweet Pickles series, the day it snowed and Goosie Goose-off didn't have to clean up her yard, because everything was covered in a lovely blanket of white snow! We got about 2 inches today. It is bright & beautiful! Look at those icicles...

Juliana (2 years old) just asked me "Who give it to you?" as she touched my amber necklace. Then she asked "Unca Rob?" (my husband). She is so sweet... I actually got it in St. Petersburg in 1999 for 300 rubles, which is about $10, such a steal!

8 comments:

JO said...

Wow,SNOW...I haven't seen snow since 2000. But plenty in Germany, so I wouldn't worry. Things are kinda' stressful here w/ moving / selling house..pray for some "peace & calmness in a wild storm." Love & miss you all !

JO said...

I love your new profile photo , cute !

Emily R. said...

Getting a fair share of snow on this side of the river! How about your side?

Love your necklace. My mother went to Russia during the 80s. She purchased lots of Amber pieces as well as bone jewlery.

Do you speak Russian? We use to at home when I was little. I picked it up.....now I can't remember much at all...other than "I have a red car" and "Where is the bathroom?"

Christina Carnoy said...

ooooooooooooh I love amber, and lucky you for the snow...we didn't get any this year and it's practically spring now!

Kim Watson said...

Love all the snow...but I suppose it is easy for me to say when I don't have to shovel it away from my door for months on end. It is quite beautiful tho.

I LOVE the pic of you...you look so GLAM! with your hair down.

Have a great weekend!
XXXX

Brittany W. said...

I really like that pic of you! You have really pretty eyes. Love the necklace too... glamorous!

Samantha said...

I can't believe you're still getting snow over there! I'm happy to report it's been quite sunny over here the last few days. We've needed it after all thsi gloom and rain we've been having.

Your necklace is beautiful! You're right - $10 is a steal for amber :)

scrappyhappy08 said...

I know right!!?? It was a valentines day present!! :) They moved back..they lived in S.C. for 6 years so we are so happy to have them home!!!! Nice pics on your blog!!