Pages

July 29, 2008

A bit of this and that...

This past month, Hannah started reading in church. She has done "Our Father" from the post-communion prayers (which she says at home, too, we need to practice being louder though). Sunday, Olivia volunteered to help out and did "Lord, have mercy" twelve times. I was very proud of them. It's a little bit, but a lot to them.


Sunday afternoon was Andrea's bridal shower. She got lots of wonderful gifts. These photos in silver frames were the favors for each guest! Susanna made another fabulous cake...this time it was a mini wedding cake. She mixed sherry and strawberries together to put inside the layers. She put whipped cream on it and fresh strawberries...totally scrumptious!

I made the card, below, for someone who shares my birthday...yes, it is today. I'm officially 31. I've had a lovely day, we packed a lunch and went for a hike, Rob, Hannah, Olivia, me, Dad, Mom and Lusy, too.
I made this layout...a bit of this and that...is it too crazy?And this one for Kim's challenge this week:
Those pom poms are so cute, but when I scanned this in, it made it look so dark on the right side...maybe a photo would be better for this one?

15 comments:

Geri said...

Hey Martha! I sent you an email right after you emailed me last week and I dont know if it went into your spam but I sent you my address. Here it is just in case ;o) Geri Zagorianos
6380 Clingan Rd
Poland ohio 44514

joscelyne cutchens said...

Happy Birthday!
My day is next week! :)
HOpe yours was wonderful! :) :) :)

JO said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE ! You are one year YOUNGER ! I'm 32. I'll have to mark my CALENDAR b'cuz I"m so forgetful ! HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY & I love the CUPCAKE LAYOUT ! so fun !

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I hope your having a wonderful bday! Sounds like you are having a nice time with the fam :) That is always the best. I love your card and your layouts!
~Chelsea

JO said...

I used the "JO CUP" in my SLIDE (hope it's OK), I really like that cup...thanks again for making that card, so cute- I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Kevin said...

Happy B-Day as well. I like the layouts - not too crazy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! How lovely that your kids are totally involved in church so young! :)

The Broken man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Kim Watson said...

A very happy birthday to you! I hope you have a fun filled day with loads of spoiling...because you deserve it.

I love your L.O..I can't wait to post it with the others.
HUGS
XXXX

Erin said...

Awesome about the girls reading in church! Part of last year's homeschool was for our first grader to memorize Psalm 50. He worked on it for a quite a while, but got it down well. Now he gets to read it during Vigil on Saturday nights. He has to stand on a chair to see the book on the chanter's stand. It pays to be in a small parish (and for your dad to be the choir director)! He loves doing it and it's great practice.

Erin said...

And Happy Birthday!!!

Meadowlark Days said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope you had a great day!!!

Martha said...

Happy Birthday, Martha! I'm the other Martha that you commented on my blog last week. I'm just now getting around to acknowledging because of vacation. There aren't too many Martha's around and I like being unique. I love the birthday card you made...quite talented. Hope you have had a great birthday. The Other Martha (mvaughan408.blogspot.com)

Julie said...

Happy birthday!

Mimi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Many Years!