Pages

July 25, 2008

Today is a wonderful day!

Nothing particularly exciting going on today...

The 4 of us went to the grocery store. I overheard a couple speaking Russian and said "Zdrastvtia" and then she responded sweetly back in Russian and I told her I studied it in college. I should've asked her if she was Christian, but for all I know they are Jewish. Sometimes I wonder if people even know there is a Russian church in town, we do a good half or more in English, though.

For lunch, we sauteed onions and portobello mushrooms and had them on top of Boca burgers, with corn on the cob on the side. I had complained as I shucked the corn, that Rob picked out, it seemed too soft. He then mowed the yard. When I bit into the warm corn, oh, it was so fresh and naturally sweet. Yum. We are going back there tomorrow to buy more!

This afternoon, we went for a walk. We have been waiting until after dinner, because it's been hot, but today it was pleasant! Lusy is getting better, she lunges towards anything she likes, a squirrel, rabbit or people we pass, and has even gone into the road a few times, so I'm keeping the leash a bit tighter. Hannah rollerbladed and Olivia rode her bike... When we got home, Hannah found a beautiful little Praying Mantis. It looked at us, moved its head this way and that, even started swaying, which I read is often a way for them to distinguish something from the background. Olivia put her hand in front on it and it climbed right up her arm all the way to her hair, when Hannah offered her hand, then I, quite a friendly little guy. Then, I placed her on my roses.

I have been scrapbooking a bit. Hannah and Olivia had a "test" yesterday in swimming lessons and passed, so next session, Hannah will be in Level 3 and Olivia in Level 2. They both did very well! Andrea's bridal shower is on Sunday. I'm going to bring the Pampered Chef trifle bowl full of fruit. Then, in a few days, I turn 31 (I already got my birthday gifts, a Vera Bradley bag and some turquoise earrings from Findlay Market), I got a card from Josie & Grandpa (he'll be 86 in October, & is coming next week). The following Sunday is Mary's wedding! I am so excited. Lots of great things coming up...

12 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Sounds like a laid back kind of day. It is nice to have exciting things to look forward to. I would love to get some scrapbooking in! Not going to happen any time soon though.

Kim Watson said...

Sounds like a perfect day...those are the best. Along with fresh corn :o)

Those people must have got a shock when you answered them in Russian heehee! Scrapping you say...show us please...your scrapping is always so cheerful & happy.
And talking about scrapping, do you think you will get a chance to do challenge #7 this week, it would be so great if you could?
Hugs
~Kim
X

Jennifer Davis said...

Mmmmmm...sweetcorn, yum! We had some the other day too and it's a family favorite. =)

Kelli said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day, Marfa! I have a quick question for you and couldn't find your email address. Could you send it me at kwinn@hotmail.com? Thanks!
~Kelli

JO said...

You know our little town here is full of RUSSIAN immigrants ? Some speaks NO German & NO English. I met a nice Russian lady at the park & she had 2 boys. She spoke a little English. 60% of the village is RUSSIAN in our area.

JO said...

Sometimes I wish I can speak Fluent German or some Russian - but I only know Filipino, English, Some Chinese, & Spanish. I plan to take some GERMAN language classes someday.

JO said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY 31 BIRTHDAY !!!! HAVE A BLAST !

Martha said...

Thanks, Jo!!!

Meadowlark Days said...

We had lots of praying mantis in our garden in CA - I loved to watch them. Baby ones are really cute! And happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having a great summer. When I lived in Carnegie I went to a church that was Polish. Kinda neat. Sounded like my "Buba" when she yelled at people. She'd swear in Czech! LOL! Hope you have a Happy Birthday.

Susan Sophia said...

When I first read "Findlay Market" I thought, "no way!" My husbands family is from Findlay, OH! But I see Findlay Market is in Cincinnati. It must have gotten it's name from the original town though, eh?
We hope to get back to that area for a visit SOMEDAY! Maybe when studying American History in 3 years (if we stick with the 4 year cycle).
It's hard to get away with milk goats.

Anne Elizabeth said...

I really need to get caught up on my scrapbooking. We had portabella sandwhiches friday night too! I love 'em:)