Pages

July 4, 2008

Let freedom ring!

I'd love to hear about where you are leaning on the political spectrum. See my banner on the right? Yep, I'm voting Repulican. I'd vote for Alan Keyes, but sadly, his love of God isn't helping him, why is it so unpopular to be Christian? Read more about him here: http://www.americasrevival.com/ Here's another site that is very informative, all the candidates and their stance on many issues: http://www.ontheissues.org/


Happy 4th!!! I'm so thankful to be American & enjoy the freedoms that we all too often take for granted. One nation under God! Last night we listened to some wonderful music in the park.


Lusy is doing very well. She's taking a nap, while Olivia reads a book about Corduroy. I took Thumper and Twinkle out of their hutch and to show Lusy that I care about them & she was very excited, she licked Thumper a few times on the head, like a little mother!Star pancakes for breakfast today!Look at our cherry tomatoes, ripening up. I took this photo right after it rained!I got these cute shoes for $3 at Gabriel Brothers. They were made in India. I've been very careful this month, checking everything I buy to see if it was made in China and seriously, there are TOO many Chinese products, I'd say like 80%... It's been a tough month, I admit I did buy a couple of things, but most things I put back on the shelf! I bought an American flag and thankfully, that's made in the USA. I did check, though, you never know...

18 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great day! Star pancakes? did you use a cookie cutter?

Cutest shoes!

I love the picture from behind of the pigtails & the flag!

Mimi said...

Looks like a lovely holiday, and cute shoes!

Loreluca said...

WOW! You are a brave woman! Sad as it is, being republican (conservative, anyways) is looked upon as a bad thing. Nobody will even comment on it. And if you dare declaring yourself a Christian, then it really gets ugly. WOW again. I totally admire you.
I will be voting republican (of course), but I won't be afraid to say it any more. Thank you for inspiring the courage! i'll have to get the John McCain logo myself!
God bless!

JO said...

Love the waving FLAG photo ! I didn't vote this year (bad bad), b'cuz I didn't know WHO to vote for. Wow! ur busy w/ all the pets now, eh ?

Katrinka Yobotz said...

"I'd vote for Alan Keyes, but sadly, his love of God isn't helping him ..."
If everyone who claims to love God supported Alan Keyes he would win overwhelmingly. Unfortunately, when it comes to elections, Christians set aside their scruples and vote out of fear, thus ensuring one of the two evils wins yet again.
Compromise your vote, and you will get another compromising candidate.
Vote your conscience. Read this platform:
www.selfgovernment.us

Christina Carnoy said...

those pancakes are really cute, I bet they tasted delish!!! I don't know how I'm voting, I think I have to register to vote, anyway I'm moving so I'll have to re-register since I'm pretty sure I'll be living in a different county...

h west said...

I'm still rooting for Ron Paul!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Honestly, I think American politics needs a radical change. I used to call myself a Republican, but I'm not sure what is meant by the term anymore.

Stefanie said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my scrapping blog. Yes the font is pharmacy but it is called "blossom" from Quickutz revolution. KJ told me that the grocery list would fade and that I should scan and print it and that is also on my to-do list.

Kim Watson said...

Good for you for being brave enough to speak your mind! I hope the best man wins.
Looks like you a great time celebrating in the park....& LOVE the stars...too cute.
X

Mandy said...

thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE the star pancakes, what a great idea!
p.s. the shoes are fabulous.:)

allie. said...

Hi!

Yup I tried a while back (when Tibet was at the front of my mind) to boycott Chinese goods.
Almost everything here (South Africa)seems to be made in China!
I coudn't believe it.

I eventually had to give in - realising that many Chinese people are not in favour of their governments decisions, any more than we are here.

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
You asked a couple of questions:
I think the one was whether I am a born and bred South Arican - yup, I am.
And yes, I actually have a copy of No 1 Ladies etc and watched A McCall Smith being interviewed last night on TV about the No 1 Theatre book at the original venue.
Quite a character, isn't he?
Hmmm - blue ballet shoes and orange jersey. . .
It sounds as though you are a "thinking outside the box" gal.
Yay for you.

Apple Joos said...

I love Gabes! We've got two very close to us and it's always an adventure to shop there.

I'm still not sure how I'll be voting, to be honest. I can say, however, that in my experience that it's unpopular to be a Christian because there are so many people misrepresenting Christ. If people knew what it really meant to be a Christian, it wouldn't be such a negative label. Until the jerks who do all sorts of decidely un-Christian things in the name of Jesus, we're never going to get past this stigma.

Sophie said...

Love the star pancakes...what a darling idea!!! And the shoes, the shoes, the shoes!!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Christina Carnoy said...

I gave you an award, better come check it out on my blog!!!

www.christinawitkowski.blogspot.com

Emily R. said...

I know what you mean about the whole stuff from China! Michael and I play this silly game in stores sometimes to see how many items we can pick up before we can actually find something made in America!!

Melanie said...

Hmm, you are a girl right after my own heart. Love the pink shoes.

Oh you don't know me...from ScrapLove.

Unknown said...

Where do you live? You have a Gabes? I thought that was just in my neck of the woods! Cute shoes!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.