Pages

June 8, 2011

Summer vacation

I know it's still officially spring...but summer is just around the corner! I have worn my swimsuit this week, dipped in the cool water with my family. Here is a little walk down some of our past vacations:We drove down to Disney World in Florida in 2006 since we were living in Fort Stewart, Georgia, just 4 hours by car. I can't believe I used a stroller! My, how time has flown by...
Yeah, I know this isn't a vacation, but in June 2006 we made Cincinnati, OH the place of our new home. Home is such an endearing word to me, it means much more than a house, but a place of love, peace, happiness, sadness, laughter...
August 2007 we drove to Vermont. That's the house where I grew up. I have always loved that front porch. I still love sitting on our porch here in OH, although it is much smaller...
June 2008 Rob, Hannah and Olivia (so tiny, on the right)...in Red River Gorge, KY
Tetons - Jenny Lake in August 2009 after our stay in Yellowstone...we drove and camped for 2 weeks, from OH to IN, IL, IA, MN, SD, WY, then through Nebraska home...
Lake Erie in July 2010...my favorite thing to do is lay on the beach (or swim) and read (here I was reading No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. And I loved reading this page where Mma Ramotswe explained to Grace that she didn't swim, but happily floated in the water: "A thin person would sink. You floated."

Hop on over to:

http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2011/06/spring-green.html
to see what she's been up to lately...I love this photo she took of a crocheted rock, plants and the ceramic pitcher (my mom has the same one).

What are you hoping to do this summer? Whether it's something you want to accomplish or a place you are planning to visit...

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

hoping first for job... would love to visit MI in August...