Pages

October 28, 2011

Almond Windmill cookies and Nutella....yum!!!

Earlier this week, my sister brought over some of these scrumptious Almond Windmill Cookies from Trader Joe's...and suggested topping them with Nutella...so, when we had some friends over yesterday for dinner, guess what we ate for dessert?
What a great combination!I sewed a pennant banner...
But I sewed them inside out, then turned them out, so they won't fray at the edges...and I used a thick ribbon instead of bias tape, just folded it over and sewed it atop of each pennant. A little more durable this way, so I can wash it and reuse it over and over...A friend gave us this sweet gift as a thank you, for letting them have our National Park Pass, (which we bought in June for $80 and is good for 2 families for a year). We used it to get into Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and Arches National Park. Our friends went to Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado last month.

These are seeds they saved from their garden, dried and will use again next year...that's something that's very special, since nowadays, there are so many hybrid vegetables out there. So, next year, we'll have these heirloom Calypso Shell beans (right), Buran peppers (middle), and Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans growing in our backyard!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

how nice! lovely gift and I love those cookies! would not of thought to have them with nutella... :) I just made a new pasta dish that I love :)