Pages

October 6, 2007

Delectable





















Delectable
1 : highly pleasing :
DELIGHTFUL 2 : DELICIOUS - de·lec·ta·bil·i·ty /-"lek-t&-'bi-l&-tE/ noun - de·lec·ta·bly /-blE/ adverb

1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt (if butter is unsalted)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups flour

Early in the day or the day before:
In a large bowl cream the shortening and the sugar. Add the eggs & extract. In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients with a wire whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Mix until well combined. With hands, shape dough into a ball. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight, as I did.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough with rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. I bake mine on the large bar pan (Pampered Chef stone) with the silicone non-stick mat or parchment paper for about 8 minutes, just as they start to turn brownish on the ends. I like them a bit soft. After they've cooled completely, I ice them (softened butter, vanilla extract, milk and confectioners sugar, to taste & food coloring, if you wish). I got that wonderful Maple Leaf cookie cutter on our trip to Vermont this past August.

6 comments:

Dettao said...

okay, now I am hungry. I also love your motto to live by. It is so true

JO said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO BAKING THAT COOKIE this HOLIDAY season. Your scrapbook page looks really good - I like how you arranged the cookie that way. It's very artistic ! But those cookie looks DELECTABLE !!!

Samantha said...

Yummers!! I just might bake those tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Kim Watson said...

Oooh! they sound wonderful!!! I love the fall leaf shapes, perfect for the weather outside {your outside...not mine ;o)

Luv the new green colour you have made your blog background. Makes all the photo's really stand out.

X

Theresa Tyree said...

Oh, man! I'm gonna have to try this for Christmas!! Lovely!

Martha said...

Yeah, they were really good, the girls helped ice those cookies. My mom said she had a hard time reading my blog, because everything was so light, so I chose a NEW green background, I'm glad it make the photos pop out, I think the text is easier to read too. That's a good motto to live by...