Pages

October 16, 2007

Emma is 3 months old today....

Saturday, I hosted a Longaberger basket show and I just LOVE what I saw...all the wonderful liners and beautiful, quality baskets, that are made here in Ohio! My favorite is the Warm Brown stained wooden baskets and the Toboso plaid liner. I am going to get the pie carrier, which comes with a riser, half price...and I want to get a few of the round keeping baskets, too! Some may end up Christmas gifts, but for now I am being selfish and thinking of what I want...the show will close 10/23.
Today my niece is 3 months old...she's making eye contact and smiles (and even laughed at my sister making goofy noises). I was so happy that Olivia wanted to give her some attention, the two of them were laying on the couch together and I propped little Emma on Olivia's belly and (uh-oh), she spit up, poor Olivia thought it was throw-up and was starting to heave...it really nauseated her, she wanted to take her shirt off immedately, even though it was just a little bit, as a mom, I would've let it go, because if I changed my clothes for every little thing, I'd be going through way too many outfits!
Tonight, we had a few friends and family over for dinner, I made the chicken curry again....it is so good. One friend, Magdalena, has Celiac disease, so it was perfect for her, gluten-free! My mom brought ginger snaps and "strawberries 'n cream" from Trader Joe's. I also served organic green salad sprinkled with almonds. I definitely eat more when there is good company and we spend time chatting around the table!
Rob made some bookshelves for the living room (and I have all of my scrapbooks there, easily accessible!) and for the girl's room. Don't all those toys make it look like the toy department at a store?? It's sure a lot better than having all those doll houses and little pet shops all over the floor...

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Your neice is so cute!! I'm glad you and your girls got to spend some time with your family.

I had never heard for Longaberger until I read your post. I clicked on the link to find out more. They have some very nice stuff, especially for the holidays.

Rob sounds like a handy guy to have around! The shelves look really nice. Travis is pretty handy, too, but I think he'd be even more useful if he had the right tools.

JO said...

Cute photo of the girls ! I like that "it's CLEAN" scrappage - sure do helps when the kids clean up after themselves ! B'cuz my back hurts now bending & picking up toys for 3 years !

Brigitte said...

Hi! For some reason I never followed your link so I didn't know you had a blog. Glad I found it. And thanks for your comments. It's nice to have like-minded people around, even if mostly on the internet :)

Kim Watson said...

Hey friend!! I got my post office retrieval slip in the mail box today. I can't believe my book is here already!!!!! I am shocked at how quickly it came. Yours will still take a little while....our postal system is so much slower than USA. I can't wait to go and fetch it from the mall tomorrow, I will mail you as soon as I have it in my hands.

Cute baba...she looks so much older than 3 months & that hair is too adorable. My boy was bald until he was 15 months...poor thing! I had a good laugh at Hannah being squeemish at the baby spit...girls are such girls sometimes {I know because Cas is exactly the same}.

It is such a fab feeling when rooms get storage & you can see the floor again. Gr8 shelves!

XX