Pages

June 29, 2009

Let's go swimming...

I'm taking Hannah & Olivia to the pool today! For the past 2 weeks Rob has taken the girls to swimming lessons, while I did Art Camp and Cooking Camp. We did it in the Presbyterian church, where the nursery school (where I work) is...children came at 9 am and parents picked them up at 12 noon. Tuition was $115 per child for a week of camp (5 days). I would love to do the same thing at our small church or in my home, even.

Can you see the tiny praying mantis on Juliana's shoe? (click to see larger) Last year, we had quite a few in our backyard. I hope for lots of them again this year!
That's the bean bag toss game that the girls helped to make...I sewed the bags, and they filled them with 1/2 cup of beans, then I cut holes and we painted the cardboard!Happy Hannah wearing the pearl necklace she got from her sister and dress from Grammie and Peepaw! She had a great 8th birthday.

6 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

that picture of your daughter is gorgeous, it looks like a studio shot!!!

Samantha said...

Hey there! Just wanted to pop in and say hello :) Please give a big happy birthday wish to Olivia for me! I hope you get lots of praying mantis this year - I love them, too!

Pres. Kathy said...

I am sure the girls had a blast swimming!

Emily R. said...

just stopping by to say Hi! Hope you are having a lovely day :D

Meadowlark Days said...

We had lots of praying mantis in our yard in CA - so fun to watch.

Unknown said...

Aww, that is so cute, the tiny praying mantis. We see them every once in a while around here. At my dad's house we'd see giant walking sticks, those things are pretty crazy looking!! Hope you're having a fabulous summer... how's your garden? I just looked at ours and our cabbages look wonderful... I hope the worms don't eat them. You asked when CHA is, I believe it's on Tuesday the 28th of July, but we are flying down on Sunday the 26th for a meeting with some stores and probably to set up. {{hugs}}