Pages

November 30, 2012

Cranberries and popcorn

We got out 3 needles and thread and strung popcorn and cranberries.  They were the leftovers...I baked the vegan cranberry bread (link to recipe in my previous post), which was really scrumptious!!!
 Olivia hung hers as a garland outside on the tree by our front window.
 And we gave the chickens the leftover popcorn.
Their nests...where we find eggs...just one brown egg a day now.  Hoping to see 2 brown and one greenish-blue soon!
 Behind the ladder under the deck...a favorite spot for dust "bathing."
And the cranberry & popcorn garland Hannah made is swooping on the right side of the light and mine on the left...you can see Velvet the cat looking out the window!  ♥ 

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

beautiful! and your home looks so cozy! :)

Jeannette said...

Reminding me so often of things I used to do when I had two little girls...

However...one of my daughter was very finicky about WORDS! She objected if I ever used that word, well you know the one...hmm the name of your blog! I am not kidding.

And somewhere in my photos, there is a photo I took just for you...I had to wait until the little patchwork quilt I made for my daughter's cat came out cleanish looking from the laundry...it is all made of scraps of the girls cotton flannel pj's which I made them over the years...I will try to find it...something slowed e from posting it o you and the intervening became the reality...

Enjoy the blessed holidays.

Leslie said...

Now I am mad at myself for not stocking up on the 69cent bags of Cranberries I saw earlier this week. Festive garland and as always, beautiful birds.

Laura said...

Love this! We'll have to give it a try. Do the chickens like the cranberries, too?